68 Pratt Street
Rouses Point, NY 12979
518-297-6628 or 518-297-5502, ext. 345
The Village of Rouses Point and the Rouses Point-Champlain Historical Society restored the historic 1889 Romanesque brick and stone train station building (the former D & H Railroad Station). The Village of Rouses Point purchased the former D & H Railroad Station from the Delaware and Hudson Railway in 2002 for $5,000. The restored building was renamed the Rouses Point History and Welcome Center. Restoration was made possible from $832,500 federal stimulus funding; $95,000 secured by Rep. John McHugh; fundraising and donations by several residents, businesses and organizations; various grants awarded to the Village of Rouses Point; a $35,000 donation by the Rouses Point-Champlain Historical Society and many hours of volunteer labor.
Location: 68 Pratt Street, Rouses Point, NY
Coordinates: 44 degrees 59'42"N
73 degrees 22'18"W
Area: Less than one acre
Built: 1889 by the Delaware and Hudson Railroad
Added to the National Register of Historical Places: Janaury 5, 2005
NRPH Reference No.: 04001454
The History and Welcome Center is operated by the Rouses Point-Champlain Historical Society. The hours of Operation are posted above and admission is free.