Rouses Point joined with The Development Corporation of Clinton County to draft a Comprehensive Redevelopment Strategy for vacant and underutilized parcels within the Village's municipal electric franchise boundary. The Comprehensive Redevelopment Strategy contains valuable information for businesses interested in opening in Rouses Point.
We invite you to view our entire "Community Redevelopment Strategy and Implementation Plan" in PDF format. Below is some key information included in the plan about Rouses Point.
- The Village of Rouses Point sits in the northeast corner of New York State on Historic Lake Champlain, the nation's "sixth" Great Lake
- Rouses Point is 1.8 square miles
- Elevation is 112 feet above sea level
- Population is 2,209 (2010 Census)
- Municipal Electric Franchise offers low-cost power...among the lowest in the nation
- Broadband and DSL available
- Over 2 miles of lake frontage on Lake Champlain
- The Village of Rouses Point is a short distance from two U.S.-Canadian Border Crossings
- The Rouses Point Bridge offers convenient and free bridge access to Vermont
Various businesses have opened in the Village within the past year. Its strong partnership with regional economic development agencies allows the Village to maximize its efforts to assist new and existing entrepreneurs. For more information on starting a business in Rouses Point, please fill out an inquiry form or contact Susan Sullivan, Village Rouses Point Clerk/Administrator, at email@example.com